If you have been working for your mortgage application lately, you have probably encountered the term “loan officer.” What role does a loan officer, Corpus Christi, TX play in my mortgage loan application? – a question that you might have asked.
In this post, we get into some details about loan officers and how do they relate to your mortgage application.
What is a loan officer, Corpus Christi, TX? A person representing a bank, credit union, or other financial institution who helps find and assist borrowers in obtaining loans. A highly qualified loan officer can work with a wide variety of lending products for both consumers and businesses.
A loan officer should have an in-depth understanding in relation to mortgage applications, including the following:
- Various lending products
- Banking industry rules and regulations
- Required documentations for loan applications
Here are other works provided for by a loan officer:
- Communicates with numerous individuals to facilitate the lending procedure for banking clients
- A point of contact of borrowers who are seeking loans from financial institutions
- Some works by loan officers for borrowers include consultation, application, underwriting, approval, as well as deal-closing services.
- A loan officer also is responsible for researching and presenting required documentation and loan closing documents to ensure that the application is compliant.
- A loan officer is compensated through commission basis; it depends on the role he plays in the application process.
Loan officer, Corpus Christi, TX versus mortgage broker
When applying for a mortgage loan, you might consider going directly to a bank or through a mortgage broker. The question then becomes: Which way to go? Should you go to a bank or any other lending institution and apply for a loan through a loan officer? Or should you use the services of a mortgage broker? You can do either way, but here’s the thing: A loan officer primarily works for the bank he is affiliated to. On the other hand, a mortgage broker shops around to find the best mortgage deal available for you. It is important to note, however, that a mortgage broker can connect to a lender through a qualified loan officer for your mortgage loan application.
Get the best deal on mortgage today, talk to an expert mortgage broker at HomePlus.
Call us at (512) 949-3385.